Ulzzang Transformation

I'm Asian and like many (Asian) girls I like Korean culture and especially the beauty ideal of Korea very much!

I wrote this guide to share with you, but also in an attempt to create a community where everyone can help each other out
This is site is full of thoughtful personal tips, tricks and advise that I hope will help you to look like a Korean/ ulzzang.
With that said everything here is far away from a scientific work so please judge for yourself!

I hope you find some of the things helpful!


I always welcome advise, criticism, own experiences from you so please leave comments if there's anything bothering you or if you want to share something.
A place for every of your comments, questions, etc
UPDATES!!! Ruined my eyes writing 3 fashion posts (and that hairstyle post for you guys!!! Hope they are good for something!
Was too lazy to revise or check my writing in the end, so if you see some terribly embarassing spelling mistakes, yeah.. I really am that stupid!

I want to revamp the whole layout, add 2 posts about putting together an outfit and 'trends and staples', but not this lyfe man!
Oh yeah.. how do the new posts load? I know a shitload of pictures, but I don't compromise, pick up your wifi game!
MOVED - http://ulzzang-101.blogspot.com/


Accessories & Shoes

0

Koreans are very minimal when it comes to accessories.
I've gathered a few trademark accessories which are all real key items.


  1. Accesories

    1. Hats

      Baseball
      caps

      Baseball caps primarily, but also snapbacks, are really hot at the moment.

      Although I'd say that their popularity sky-rocketed recently (since Freiknock came up with those to be precise) they still have the potential to be an absolute fashion staple.


      from left to right: Stylenanda, Arooki, Arooki, Love Love Me, Stylenanda, Arooki

















      I haven't seen these pointed beanies anywhere but in Korea.
      I must admit that at first I found them weird, but now I find that this look has it's has it's charm.

      Beanies

      Love Love Me
    2. Sunglasses

      Sunglasses instantly make you appear chicer and sophisticated.
      Koreans always try to be very cool and slightly badass, so their love for sunglasses is very understandable.

      Sunglasses come in a variety of shapes, but I think the most flattering ones are butterfly or round glasses.

      A highly popular manufacturer is Gentle Monster. This Korean brand has won over many international fans,
      with many celebrities among them.

      Arooki
      f(x) Krystal with Gentle Monster
      Dahong
    3. Bags

      A typical ulzzang bag doesn't exist.
      The only guideline here is that the design should of course be simple.

      So should chose a plain design according to your needs.
      A recurring design though, is the simplest of simplest bag, a cloth bag, mostly with some writing.
      It's a nice, casual variant for students.

      I'm frequently seeing the cloth bag from American Apparel, Acne or Opening Ceremony being sported.

      from left to right: Stylenanda, Love Love Me, Love Love Me, Stylenanda, Yubsshop





















  2. Shoes

    Ulzzangs like to sport chunky, heavy footwear with platforms. I think because they emphasize skinny legs
    more and look kinda badass.
    1. Sandals

      Chunky, black leather, strappy sandals preferably with a platform are the Korean sandal design!
      They are casual because of the straps, yet the black leather gives them a kind of elegant feeling. Furthermore the platform gives you a bit of height and elongates the legs.
      I spot the designs of
      Dr. Marten's and
      Teva particularly often. You can buy many knock-offs of these two brands.

      Besides black, these kind of sandals are also much liked in white, silver/ holographic and tan/ nude hues.


      all Stylenanda, except bottom right: Yubsshop
    2. Sneakers

      The variety of sneakers available in Korea and worn by ulzzangs is as back as elsewhere on the world.
      However I have a feeling that particularly chunkier models like the Nike Air Max or New Balance 574, are the most ulzzang-ish designs.
      left to right: Dahong, Stylenanda, Arooki, Yubsshop
    3. Walker Boots

      I don't think the term walker boots or simply walker exists as a fashion good outside of
      Korea.
      Walkers are black, heeled leather boots with a platform and treaded soles. Usually they
      have a biker appeal with laces and buckles.

      Because of that and the elongation of the legs they look very sexy.
      left to right: Love Love Me, Arooki, Yubsshop, Stylenanda

0

Post a Comment

I normally try to answer questions within one day!
Comments are on moderation, I try publish them asap to let you know that I have read them and will answer later once I have time and have thought about your concerns. xxx