Ulzzang Transformation

I'm Asian and like many (Asian) girls I like Korean culture and especially the beauty ideal of Korea very much!

I wrote this guide to share with you, but also in an attempt to create a community where everyone can help each other out
This is site is full of thoughtful personal tips, tricks and advise that I hope will help you to look like a Korean/ ulzzang.
With that said everything here is far away from a scientific work so please judge for yourself!

I hope you find some of the things helpful!


I always welcome advise, criticism, own experiences from you so please leave comments if there's anything bothering you or if you want to share something.
A place for every of your comments, questions, etc
UPDATES!!! Ruined my eyes writing 3 fashion posts (and that hairstyle post for you guys!!! Hope they are good for something!
Was too lazy to revise or check my writing in the end, so if you see some terribly embarassing spelling mistakes, yeah.. I really am that stupid!

I want to revamp the whole layout, add 2 posts about putting together an outfit and 'trends and staples', but not this lyfe man!
Oh yeah.. how do the new posts load? I know a shitload of pictures, but I don't compromise, pick up your wifi game!
MOVED - http://ulzzang-101.blogspot.com/


GUIDE TO LOOK KOREAN

6

A short note: I'd like to emphasize, that each look is an interplay of many differenct factors.
Since they are so many, you can always neglect of few them, when you still stick to the others.

Koreans are skinny, but that doesn't mean that you can't look Korean if you ain't skinny (as long as you stick to other typical things)


Also, I will talk about very conservative styles at the beginning.
It is already hard to transform like that, but it get's even harder, when you don't stick to the basic principle much and do a lot of freestyle.

I suggest that only when you think you achieved your desired look, you can try and experiment.


Steps
  1. A Few Things Beforehand
  2. The Korean Ideal of Beauty
    1. The Face
    2. The Hair
    3. The Body
  3. How To Achieve It
    1. Make-Up
    2. Hairstyle
    3. Work-Out/Diet
  4. Korean Fashion
    1. Tops
    2. Bottoms
    3. Shoe & Acc
  5. Korean Lifestyle
    1. Learning the Language
    2. How to write in Korean style
    3. Korean leisure pursuits
    4. Korean habits
6
  1. Can I just say that there are ulzzangs that look asian? I was just looking at your "Top" post. Honestly I am black. Not Asian. I don't know how you feel towards my race and people, but I hate being put down because I want to be an ulzzang. You are the first Ulzzang that has said that other races can't be ulzzang. I'm hurt and offended to here that.
    I WILL become an ulzzang and prove that other races can be ulzzang too!

    Don't get me wrong, I like this blog a lot, but you really hurt my feelings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all I'm really sorry to have hurt you with my words. In no way did I want to put anyone down because they want to be an ulzzang or can't be. In fact there is nothing wrong with it, it's not like ulzzangs are better persons and not being one makes you worse.

      What I did want to point out though was that it's extremely difficult to be the stereotypical ulzzang if you are not Asian or even if you are Asian, but from southern parts. Let's be honest, it's difficult enough for Koreans, or everyone would be one.

      Of course the last thing I want is to discourage or prevent anyone from trying to look like an ulzzang or I wouldn't have started this blog. Everyone can try to be an ulzzang and define ulzzang in their own way.

      Lastly I'd like to thank you for your kind and honest words. I will try to edit my text (whenever I find the time) so that there won't be future misunderstandings or disappointed readers, again I'm very sorry about that.

      I hope you succeed in becoming an ulzzang and have much fun on the way!

      PS: I have no negative feelings towards any race and although of course all ulzzangs all look more or less Asian (it's quite impossible to completely get ride of all 'Asian face features') it's undeniable that most make-up tricks or plastic surgeries are aimed to create Caucasian facial traits. That was what I wanted to say.

      Delete
  2. Sorry I misunderstood you, I do realize that my words were kind of harsh before, for that I apologize.

    Thank you though, I will give my best efforts to become an ulzzang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's no need to apologize for anything !^^
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should change the title of this post. Personally I think it should be "Korean beauty" or something similar to that. Putting "how to look korean" is sort of offensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heys,

      could you elaborate what you mean with 'sort of offensive'?

      I know it's quite lame, blunt and not very creative. I tried to think of something that would express the essence of this whole thing with the same accuracy, but sounded less unimaginative, but I couldn't.

      I mean there's a different feeling to 'How to look Korean' and 'Korean beauty' and that's not only because of the fact that a title starting with 'How to...' suggests a guide/ plan, whereas 'Korean beauty' sounds like prose.
      And I'd also like to believe that most people who visit this blog are searching exactly for the 'how to look Korean'-thing, so I find it very suitable.

      Which doesn't meant that I won't change the title at some point of time, since I don't really like how it sounds either, but I still can't think of anything better... But certainly I don't see why it's offensive...yet?

      Delete
FOR COMMENTING GO TO - ulzzang-101.blogspot.com

I normally try to answer questions within one day!
Comments are on moderation, I try publish them asap to let you know that I have read them and will answer later once I have time and have thought about your concerns. xxx